1. Welcome to CrowdZap!
We may change these terms from time to time. If you keep using CrowdZap after a change, that means you accept the new terms.
2. About Creating an Account
To sign up for a CrowdZap account, you need to be 18 or over. You’re responsible for your account and all the activity on it.
You can browse CrowdZap without registering for an account. But to use some of CrowdZap’s functions, you’ll need to register, choose an account name, and set a password. When you do that, the information you give us has to be accurate and complete. Don’t impersonate anyone else or choose names that are offensive or that violate anyone’s rights. If you don’t follow these rules, we may cancel your account.
You’re responsible for all the activity on your account, and for keeping your password confidential. If you find out that someone’s used your account without your permission, you should report it to CrowdZap
To sign up for an account, you need to be at least 18 years old, or old enough to form a binding contract where you live. If necessary, we may ask you for proof of age.
3. Things You Definitely Shouldn’t Do
This section is a list of things you probably already know you shouldn’t do — lie, break laws, abuse people, steal data, hack other people’s computers, and so on. Please behave yourself. Don’t do this stuff.
Lots of people use CrowdZap. We expect all of them to behave responsibly and help keep this a nice place. Don’t do any of these things within the Groups functionality of the site:
- Don’t break the law. Don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don’t lie to people. Don’t post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- Don’t start group requests for prohibited items. Don’t offer any rewards that are illegal, violate any of CrowdZap’s policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- Don’t victimize anyone. Don’t do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- Don’t spam. Don’t distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters. Don’t run mail lists, listservs, or any kind of auto-responder or spam on or through the Site.
- We also need to make sure that the Site is secure and our systems function properly. So don’t do any of these things — most of which boil down to “don’t mess with our system.”
- Don’t try to interfere with the proper workings of the Services.
- Don’t bypass any measures we’ve put in place to secure the Services.
- Don’t try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to CrowdZap or another party.
- Don’t take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, or on our third-party providers. (We reserve the right to determine what’s reasonable.)
- Don’t use any kind of software or device (whether it’s manual or automated) to “crawl” or “spider” any part of the Site.
- Don’t take apart or reverse engineer any aspect of CrowdZap in an effort to access things like source code, underlying ideas, or algorithms
4. How GroupsWork
To support a campaign is absolutely free, and without any form of obligation. Once a price has been provided, it is for down to the sole discretion of campaign members to purchase the procured service item or product. In some cases, for particularly valuable items, CrowdZap may get in touch with campaign members via email to gauge interest in the buy price. In some instances a deposit may be requested in advance. This will always be refundable, should the price offered not be met, or there be any other issue with supply of the service item or product.
5. Our Fees
Fees are not charged for creation and completion of any groups.
Creating an account on CrowdZap is free. The only time you will be charged, is when you agree to buy an item, or are requested to make a deposit on a valuable item. No obligation to purchase exists, however, the deposit is not returnable if all mentioned criteria for supply of the item in question have been met. A refund will be possible, should the price not be as assured initially, or should the product specification change. We will not collect any fees without giving you a chance to review and accept them.
6. Other Websites
If you follow a link to another website, what happens there is between you and them — not us.
CrowdZap may contain links to other websites. (For instance, project pages, user profiles, and comments may link to other sites.) When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. We don’t control or endorse those sites.
CrowdZap partners with other companies, such as PayPal, for payment processing. When you back or create a project, you’re also agreeing to the payment processor’s terms of service.
7. Your Intellectual Property
We don’t own the stuff you post on CrowdZap. But when you post it, you’re giving us permission to use or copy it however we need in order to run the site, or show people what’s happening on it. (We generally just use this to promote projects and showcase our community on the website.) You’re responsible for the content you post, and you’re vouching to us that it’s all okay to use.
CrowdZap doesn’t own content you submit to us (your “Content”). But we do need certain licenses from you in order to perform our Services. When you submit a project for review, or launch a campaign, you agree to these terms:
- We can use the content you’ve submitted. You grant to us, and others acting on our behalf, the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialize, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect to your Content.
- When we use the content, we can make changes, like editing or translating it. You grant us the right to edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, delete, or translate any of your Content.
- You won’t submit stuff you don’t hold the copyright for (unless you have permission). Your Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material, or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material (and to grant CrowdZap all the license rights outlined here).
- Any royalties or licensing on your Content are your responsibility. You will pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your Content, or on CrowdZap’s hosting of that Content.
- You promise that if we use your Content, we’re not violating anyone’s rights or copyrights. If CrowdZap or its users exploit or make use of your submission in the ways contemplated in this agreement, you promise that this will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including (without limitation) any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- You’re responsible for the stuff you post. All information submitted to the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom that content originated.
- We’re not responsible for mistakes in your content. CrowdZap will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content. The content on CrowdZap is protected in various ways. You do have the right to use it for certain personal purposes, but you can’t use it for anything commercial without getting permission first. CrowdZap grants you a license to reproduce content from the Services for personal use only. This license covers both CrowdZap’s own protected content and user-generated content on the Site. (This license is worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable.) If you want to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, or store any of this content for a commercial purpose, you need prior written permission from CrowdZap or the relevant copyright holder. A “commercial purpose” means you intend to use, sell, license, rent, or otherwise exploit content for commercial use, in any way. You can delete your account at any time. Deleting your account won’t make content you’ve already posted go away.
8. CrowdZap’s Intellectual Property
CrowdZap’s Services are legally protected in various ways. You agree to respect all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed through the Site. You also agree not to change, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Service.
CrowdZap grants you a license to reproduce content from the Services for personal use only. This license covers both CrowdZap’s own protected content and user-generated content on the Site. (This license is worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable.) If you want to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, or store any of this content for a commercial purpose, you need prior written permission from CrowdZap or the relevant copyright holder. A “commercial purpose” means you intend to use, sell, license, rent, or otherwise exploit content for commercial use, in any way.
9. Deleting Your Account
You can terminate your account at any time. All provisions of this agreement survive termination of an account, including our rights regarding any content you’ve already submitted to the Site. (For instance, if you’ve launched a project, deleting your account will not remove the project from the Site.)
10. Our Rights to.
CrowdZap reserves these rights:
- We can make changes to the CrowdZap Site and Services without notice or liability.
- We have the right to decide who’s eligible to use CrowdZap. We can cancel accounts or decline to offer our Services. (Especially if you’re abusing them.) We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use CrowdZap in that jurisdiction.
- We have the right to cancel any campaign, at any time and for any reason.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any campaign at any time and for any reason.
- CrowdZap is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
11. Warranty Disclaimer
You use our Services solely at your own risk. They are provided to you “as is” and “as available” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
CROWDZAP SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM CROWDZAP SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY
If you do something that gets us sued, or break any of the promises you make in this agreement, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other legal costs) that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of CrowdZap. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to this indemnification clause, in which case you agree that you’ll cooperate and help us in asserting any defenses
13. Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will CrowdZap, its directors, employees, partners, suppliers, or content providers be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, or exemplary damages of any kind, including but not limited to damages (i) resulting from your access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Services; (ii) for any lost profits, data loss, or cost of procurement or substitute goods or services; or (iii) for any conduct of content of any third party on the Site. In no event shall CrowdZap’s liability for direct damages be in excess of (in the aggregate) one UK Pound (£1).
14. Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
We at CrowdZap encourage you to contact us if you’re having an issue, before resorting to the courts. In the unfortunate situation where legal action does arise, these Terms (and all other rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the th United Kingdom (England), without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms, or your use or non-use of CrowdZap, shall be filed only in the UK, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of these courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. You hereby irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any dispute, action, or proceeding.
15. The Rest
These Terms and the other material referenced in them are the entire agreement between you and CrowdZap with respect to the Services. They supersede all other communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and CrowdZap with respect to the Services and govern our future relationship. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under the law, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms otherwise will remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either you or CrowdZap to exercise any right provided for in these Terms in any way won’t be deemed a waiver of any other rights.
These Terms are personal to you. You can’t assign them, transfer them, or sublicense them unless you get CrowdZap’s prior written consent. CrowdZap has the right to assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent. CrowdZap will provide you notice via email, written notice, or by conspicuously posting the notice on our Site.