6 Reasons why Magnesium is VITAL for you and your Family
And 5 ways to boost it effectively.
The Importance of Magnesium in the Human Body:
You don’t need me to tell you, life in the 21st Century is played out at lightening pace. It’s a natural consequence that people have less time to take care of their health.
We humans do not yet realise the full significance of consuming minerals for various enzymatic activities in the body. Minerals are essential for the formation of blood, stronger bones, maintenance of the nervous system and for a healthy and active cardiovascular system. Calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorous, sulfur and chlorine lies in the category of macro minerals whereas trace minerals include iron, zinc, iodine, copper, manganese, chromium. The human body requires a large amount of macro minerals and small amount of trace minerals.
In fact there is a very intricate dance that takes place between the macro minerals, thereby regulating each other. Magnesium for example, is useful for the reduction of calcium. Excess calcium is attribute to the hardening of the arteries.
Appropriate consumption of magnesium ensures overall good health. Survival is not possible if sufficiently magnesium deficient. Its insufficiency can intensify critical health problems. So, let us discuss the importance of magnesium in the human body;
Heart illnesses could be avoided by appropriate intake of magnesium. This mineral helps to control the heartbeat and ensures proper functioning of the heart. The injections of magnesium are essential for the patients of heart attack as it helps to stabilize the rhythm of the heart and reduce the blood clots. According to medical research done by Dr. Mercola, proper content of magnesium in a body lowers the risk of angina.
Magnesium relaxes the body muscles that control blood vessels, it allows the blood to flow easily and lowers the blood pressure.
Serotonin medicines are given to the patients who suffer from depression. Serotonin enhances the mood and relaxes the brain muscles. Magnesium acts as a catalyst and produces its own serotonin inside the body. So it also helps to treat the patients of depression.
Muscle cramps are usually treated with calcium supplements, but sometimes the cramps are so severe that calcium supplements won’t work because the muscles need magnesium. Medical research has proven that the density of bone mineral improves with calcium supplemented with magnesium. People do not realize that magnesium is as important as calcium for the body. The Intake of magnesium supplements will eventually reduce the muscle cramps.
People with magnesium deficiency are prone to suffer with type-2 diabetes. Magnesium contents control the glucose level of the blood. 100 milligrams of magnesium intake daily, decreases the risk of developing type-2 diabetes by 15 percent.
Magnesium is an effective antioxidant. It protects the body cells from carcinogenic radicals, widely attributed to cancer causes.
The natural intake of magnesium is much better than popping some pills, as the body is less likely to reject it. The major sources of magnesium are legumes, potatoes, avocado, bananas, fish, nuts, and dark green vegetables like spinach. Due to lifestyle it is extremely difficult to get the required levels of Magnesium into the system, so people are relying more on EFFECTIVE supplementation. By effective, we mean non that is taken orally. Instead, it has become widely acclaimed that the most effective method of getting Magnesium into the blood without rejection, is in fact through the skin!
Here are a few examples of such products:
- Magnesium Ease spray: It is sprayed on the body like a deodorant and soon it gets mixed with the blood stream, preventing from pains, aches, anxiety, stress and other health disorders. There are no side effects of using this product. You may have seen sports start being treated with it on the football field to ease sprains, cramps and aches – i.e “magic spray”. At is said that a slight tingling sensation upon application is one indication of a magnesium deficiency. Old wives tale? I’m not so sure.
- Magnesium oil: It is used for quick restoration of magnesium level of the body. The body absorbs the oil within 20 minutes and relaxes your muscles.
- Magnesium gel: It is intended to hydrate the external body. Apply it directly on your skin and rub gently. Wipe or rinse your skin with a moist towel after using the gel.
- Magnesium lotion: It is a light product and is used as a daily moisturizer.
- Magnesium bath flakes: Dissolve 1-3 handful of these flakes in a warm foot-bath or bathtub. Soak your feet in this water or pour it on your body if you are bathing. It acts as an energy booster and energizes your body.
These products will also aid in relaxing and deeper sleep. Especially when mixed with Lavender and Vanilla extract, to help soothe the senses.